Before choosing any attractive smart TV or selecting an excellent 4K TV deal, be careful unless you want to lose some essential desired features such as Ultra-HD quality. Like every electronic product, purchasing a TV is can be complicated due to a huge number of choices, brands, and offers. Here’s a list of the aspects which one must consider while buying a 4K TV.
- Be sure that it’s 4K TV: The name 4K suggests that the TV has 4 times more resolution than a normal HD set with 1080p. In this case, the screen resolution will be 3840 x 2160 or 2160p whereas TV sets offer a maximum of only 1920 x 1080p. A 4K TV has 8 million pixels in a smart TV. This will give a clearer picture, mainly in case of larger screens. The difference might not be as evident as that of a standard definition or a high definition TV. TV sets like Microsoft’s Xbox One support 4K and online streaming sites like YouTube or Netflix demand such features. During sales, crosscheck the quality of the smart TV before going for a cheaper deal. Make sure you’re not getting a 65″ 1080p deal instead of a 4K set.
- Ensure that the TV is UHD premium: The manufacturers of TV sets have come together with UhD premium to fulfill all the fundamental criteria that the makers have agreed to. Anything less than it will give wrong features as well as won’t be safe for future. A resolution of minimum 3840*2160 with 10-bit color depth or 1024 shades of primary colors to meet the finest shades more prominent, High-dynamic range, and many other features are there for UHD premium TVs. Do the research and be sure that you are taking your desired TV.
- HDR capability: The high depth color and the richness of the high dynamic range makes a 4K TV worth buying. If you are opting for a new TV set, don’t be satisfied in any less. There is more than one kind of HDR like HDR10 format, Dolby vision format for different brands.
- Curved or Flat: In terms of TV technology, the curved TVs were hyped as the next big thing but eventually phased out. The flat screens are the thing presently. Although it depends on personal views, curved TV also offers a very good picture quality and it’s quite good in terms of reflection.
- Ensure to get 10-bit: Old technological features offer 8-bit, there is now 10- and 12-bit that have a close range of colors. According to experts, a 10-bit must future proof the TV for a long time, and is essential for real HDR display. Don’t go for anything less which might be cheaper but not worthy.
- OLED or LED: Nowadays almost all TV sets have LED display, which is a backlit one and can produce awesome brightness. However, this is not great for displaying darker images. Another costly alternative is the OLED that covers up this issue and can display perfect black pictures in spite of struggling with brighter ones. OLED screens use pixel-by-pixel basis for lighting the screen; so in the case of one dark scene, all the black pixels are completely shut off, to show a perfect black. It has more contrast that produces a richer image.
- Know about input lag and refresh rate: It’s an important aspect for video gamers as the games need to twitch like reflexes. Input lag is an obstruction in case of this factor and a lower input lag of TV can give faster image transfer from a game console or Blu-ray player onto the display screen. For most people, this is not an important factor; however, for hard-core gamers, smart TVs with low level of input lags are the best.